Friday, June 20, 2014

The Clowns Of War

Friday Potluck.

Today, from my new scanner, I updated a single Sunday page of the rare war strip Vic Jordan by Elmer Wexler to a larger post I have done about this remarkably adult strip a couple of months ago. For that post I was relying on a run of newspaper microfiche scans of PM Newspaper, that were pretty good as far as those things of. But for the Sunday page it is always a compromise. So I was very glad to get this one sample of a colour Sunday. As an added bonus, it immediately follows after the month of dailies and black and white Sundays I have posted before that and it features a group of heroes saving some people from a German concentration camp dressed as clowns!. Not only is the story pretty weird, as I said at the time, it confirms for those who didn't know that the word 'concentration camp' was already knows even before America joined the war. We just didn't know yet what it actually meant. Here is the new Sunday with the preceding week of dailies. For more follow the label.







No comments: